All Kidzone programmes are MSD approved.
This means parents using our programmes can apply to Work & Income for the OSCAR Childcare Subsidy to help pay fees.
The OSCAR Subsidy (Out of School Care and Recreation Subsidy) is for children aged 5-13 years. It helps towards the costs of before and after school care of up to 20 hours a week, and school holiday programmes of up to 50 hours a week.
You could get this subsidy if you are:
- working, doing a work related activity or studying or
- seriously ill or disabled or
- paid the Child Disability Allowance for any of your children or
- caring for a child that is in hospital. You can’t get the OSCAR Subsidy if the child’s other caregiver can take care of the child unless you get the Child Disability Allowance for that child.
To qualify for either subsidy you must also meet these conditions:
- you must be the main caregiver of the child and
- your family must be on a low or middle income (this could be income support) and
- you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and
- your child must have at least 3 hours of care a week.:
For more information about Work & Income subsidies to see if you are eligible click here.